This course will provide a complete clinical overview of pulmonary embolization (PE), including a history of IVC filters. Attendees will review cases and receive hands-on training in an animal lab to place and retrieve IVC filters.
Skill level required: Introductory to intermediate
Training mode: Lecture, hands-on animal lab
At the end of this course, attendees will be able to:
- Describe the indications and contraindications for IVC filter insertion and retrieval
- Evaluate and identify caval imaging techniques, and troubleshoot anatomical variations of the vena cava system for optimal filter placement
- Describe and demonstrate IVC filter insertion and retrieval techniques
- Evaluate the risks and potential complications of IVC filter insertion and retrieval
- Discuss the advantages of bedside IVC filter insertion and identify the appropriate imaging equipment and radiation exposure issues that are associated with the bedside procedure
|Henderson, NV||May 17-18, 2019||MAY17LAS
By selecting this button, a Cook Medical representative will contact you about placing you in the training session that best suits your needs.