This full-day, comprehensive bioskills course includes a combination of expert lecture, hands-on training, simulation instructions, and human tissue skills training to master common bedside procedures in critically ill patients. Course attendees will receive a certificate of attendance upon completion.
- Percutaneous dilatation tracheostomy
- Wire-guided chest tube insertion
- Identify appropriate patient candidates for percutaneous tracheostomy and chest tube placement.
- Demonstrate proper procedural preparation.
- Demonstrate adequate bronchoscopy skills and upper airway management during percutaneous procedures.
- Use appropriate technique for percutaneous tracheostomy and chest tube placement.
- Manage complications of percutaneous tracheostomy and chest tube placement.
- Review privileging, credentialing, and billing for percutaneous tracheostomy.
Who should attend?
- Critical care intensivists
- Critical care/trauma/acute care surgeons
- General surgeons and surgical residents
- Thoracic and cardiothoracic surgeons
- Otolaryngologists and head/neck surgeons
- Other interventional attendings and fellows
When and where?
New course dates will be available later in the summer. Please indicate your interest in the course below and a Cook Medical Representative will contact you when dates are available.
By selecting this button, a Cook Medical representative will contact you about placing you in the training session that best suits your needs.