This full-day, comprehensive bioskills course includes a combination of expert lecture, hands-on training, simulation instructions, and human tissue skills training to master common bedside procedures in critically ill patients. Course attendees will receive a certificate of attendance upon completion.
- Percutaneous dilatation tracheostomy
- Wire-guided chest tube insertion
- Identify appropriate patient candidates for percutaneous tracheostomy and chest tube placement.
- Demonstrate proper procedural preparation.
- Demonstrate adequate bronchoscopy skills and upper airway management during percutaneous procedures.
- Use appropriate technique for percutaneous tracheostomy and chest tube placement.
- Manage complications of percutaneous tracheostomy and chest tube placement.
- Review privileging, credentialing, and billing for percutaneous tracheostomy.
Who should attend?
- Critical care intensivists
- Critical care/trauma/acute care surgeons
- General surgeons and surgical residents
- Thoracic and cardiothoracic surgeons
- Otolaryngologists and head/neck surgeons
- Other interventional attendings and fellows
When and where?
|Bioskills Education Center - Center for Learning & Innovation
450 Lakeville Road Lake Success, NY
|March 13, 2020||Vista-CC-031320