Innovations in Bedside Procedures
This full day comprehensive bioskills course includes a combination of expert lecture, hands-on training, simulation instructions and porcine tissue skills training to master common beside procedures in critically ill patients. Course attendees will receive a certificate of attendance upon completion.
- Percutaneous Dilatation Tracheostomy
- Wire-Guided Chest Tube Insertion
- Identify appropriate patient candidates for percutaneous tracheostomy and chest tube placement.
- Demonstrate proper procedural preparation.
- Demonstrate adequate bronchoscopy skills and upper airway management during percutaneous procedures.
- Use appropriate technique for percutaneous tracheostomy and chest tube placement.
- Manage complications of percutaneous tracheostomy and chest tube placement.
- Review privileging, credentialing, and billing for percutaneous tracheostomy.
Who Should Attend?
- Critical Care Intensivists
- Critical Care Surgeons
- General and Trauma Surgeons
- Thoracic and Cardiothoracic Surgeons
- Otolaryngology and Head/Neck Surgeons
- Attendings, Fellows, Residents, PA’s, NP’s
When and where?
There are currently no training dates available for this course.