This course will provide attendees with an understanding of the tools and techniques that are necessary for complex IVC filter retrievals.
Skill level required: Intermediate (must currently place and retrieve filters regularly in their practice)
Training mode: Lecture, hands-on animal lab
At the end of this course, attendees will understand:
- The Cook Medical tools that are necessary to support these techniques
- Why standard retrieval techniques fail
- The risks and benefits of using advanced retrieval techniques
- Which techniques to use, depending upon filter type, filter position, and indwell time
- Discuss the incidence, prevalence, and clinical implications of DVT.
- Expand their own understanding of aggressive treatment options and the role of percutaneous mechanical thrombectomy with concurrent therapies in the management of DVT patients.
- Have a solid understanding of the information and protocols to assist in the development of a DVT management program.
- Learn the role and indications for use of IVC filters in preventing PE, and observe placement and retrieval of IVC filters.